Friday at work, I downloaded some spring cleaning checklists-which included simple instructions--even my almost 8 year old could follow. Through out the day, I'd think about this list and actually get motivated-even slightly excited (Lame-I know) about doing these and having a spotless home for a couple of hours. When I got home, Kelsey and Logan asked about our weekend plans, I pulled out my beautiful lists, showed them, and imagine my surprise by the resistance they gave! Undisouraged, Saturday mid-morning out came the lists again, Kelsey dove right in and took care of an hours worth of cleaning while I finished up the dishes, and began making a double-batch of home-made bread. For the next few hours, I felt as if I were treading water in the cleaning departmen
t. By the end of the day, I wondered exactly what was accomplished! I think my expectations were too high! We did quite a bit in the house, cleaned up the winter yuck off of our front yard and driveway, made bread and clam chowder, and took everyone for a short walk to my new favorite place--Freeman Park, visited with several of my neighbors, and took Logan to Toys-R-Us for a pre-birthday gift. All in all--we did quite a bit. I suppose the rest will wait until next weekend!
t. By the end of the day, I wondered exactly what was accomplished! I think my expectations were too high! We did quite a bit in the house, cleaned up the winter yuck off of our front yard and driveway, made bread and clam chowder, and took everyone for a short walk to my new favorite place--Freeman Park, visited with several of my neighbors, and took Logan to Toys-R-Us for a pre-birthday gift. All in all--we did quite a bit. I suppose the rest will wait until next weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment