I attended a funeral in Blackfoot Saturday, it was for my Grandma Eyre's brother in law. As I was sitting waiting for the funeral to start, little clips of memories kept floating in and out. I remember get-together's growing up--maybe not of Uncle Blayne in particular, but always with the family (which I don't get to see nearly enough). While I was there I saw so many wonderful family members, I left there feeling like I belonged somewhere-what an awesome feeling it was.
When I got home, my new neighbor across the street had fixed a leaking pipe in my laundry room, as well as getting the sprinkler system going!! WOW!
Next, I drove to Lima to pick up Kelsey and Logan. It is so good to have them back home, life just feels right when I have all my chicks tucked under my wings.
In my Gospel Doctrine class Sunday, the teacher started talking about our ward and how each one of us has a place, and how each member loves and encourages the others, that we belong to a up-lifting group of people. It really struck me that I do feel accepted there, and that no one is critical of me. Once again I had a sweet feeling of belonging...
Anyway, it just feels good to have a place to belong--and its nice to be reminded every so often!
Turning Point Stories: Do you have one to share?
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment